Last updated January 2015
- "Kathryn has done amazing things on all my horses. From the competition horses to my retired guys. Huge health improvements from her visits!" Kelly Tkacs in Alabama
- "Kathryn's extremely broad vocabulary and knowledge of the anatomy of the horse is extremely helpful when undersaddle. Kathryns teaching style is very much from an anatomical view. She gives tips and advice on how to encourage your horse to use their body to the best of their ability. She is also extremely helpful when it comes to using your body as a rider. She teaches everyone and every horse differently and really helps you create a more efficient way to ride your horse. After lessons with Kathryn I always feel like I have opened multiple doors in my riding. If you have a chance to learn from Kathryn, take it! She is an extremely talented horsewoman with a positive way of teaching that is not like most others." Sammy Podolin in Georgia
- "Kathryn works on all of my horses from my 3* horse to my up and coming young horses to the sales horses. She has made huge changes in all of them. She has been amazing at pinpointing a problem and working with me to get it resolved with bodywork, supplementation, and correct training. Highly recommend her!!" Jessica Bortner-Harris in North Carolina
- "Kathryn is the best! My pony jumper has felt and jumped 10x better since having her work on him. Can't recommend her enough, absolutely incredible improvement in my pony. I fully believe that every horse can benefit from Kathryn working on them." Annie Farrar in Virginia
- "Kathryn is a true professional and an artist at what she does. I wish we lived closer so I could use her services more!" Kate Donis in New York
- "Kathryn has worked so hard to achieve such knowledge and experience and it shows through all of her successes with such a variety of clients. She has ridden all 3 of our horses, and did a wonderful job assessing each one of them." Amira Al-Basha in Illinois
- "Kathryn has been working on my horses for a few years now. My horses would not be the same without her. She has made a tremendous impact on their everyday lives. Kathryn recently has given me a couple lessons. The way she teaches really allows clear communication between horse and rider. I learned how to help my horse use her body in the best way possible for her anatomical build. The visuals Kathryn gave me and her outlook opened up a whole new world of riding for me. Kathryn's immense knowledge in a multitude of areas, especially anatomy, helped me understand how to help my horse, and helped us become a team. I've learned that every horse is different. What makes Kathryn's teaching style so unique is that she is focused on how to help you help your horse based on their own physical needs and quirks. Before I had a lesson with her, my mare and I were really at odds. We were having a miscommunication, and Kathryn immediately helped me understand how to ride her and explained to me what makes her the way she is. Riding can be hard to understand but Kathryn really simplifies it with her unique education. She has overall given me more tools to become a better rider!" Leila Moore in Georgia
- "I just want to thank you for giving me more time with Chelsea. I believe the two sessions you had with her have given her a spark back that we'd allowed to go out. 27 years may be "old" for a horse, but I believe we can go farther with your help. She has ENERGY and life in her eye and is back to being the boss mare in the pasture instead of the old auntie. We are both looking forward to your return!" Judi Evans and Chelsea in Alpharetta, GA
- "Kathryn helped me develop a much more forward thinking approach to riding. I gained better balance, and she was the first to help me break through to what truly being on the bit meant and felt like. She is extremely positive which is great for someone trying to truly learn." Elizabeth Thomsen in Atlanta, GA
- "Kathryn has been working on my horse since November 2011 now. Each time she "does her magic", my horse- a 13yr old 17.3h Dutch gelding who does dressage and eventing- seems looser and more willing to use his body in ways that were unfamiliar to him previously. She is always willing to give my horse what he needs and for as long as he needs it. Many years of using his body incorrectly has led to lots of restrictions in his body. Kathryn is able to identify these areas, slowly allow Sunny's body to find its potential, and help show him how this new-found freedom can help make his life easier. He's very sensitive and Kathryn is more than willing to take her time to allow him to handle and accept what she is doing. Every time she works on him she has something new to try to help some of his on-going tight spots. She is fantastic at explaining her objectives and allows the horses to process "what just happened". She is such a integral part of my horse's team and well-being and I know she will be involved in helping me keep him functional and happy for many years." Peri Lambros in Conyers, GA, VP of Eventing for GDCTA
- "Kathryn came out to work on my two horses several weeks ago. My four-year-old, Party, had been away for weeks of training for the YEH program with my friend Devon, in Aiken. My eight-year-old, Swing, and I were getting back into work after quite a few months off from my surgeries. Devon, and her mom Kathy, had raved about Kathryn, so I was very excited to see what she had to say about the girls.
I was not too worried about Party, because she is young, but I had noticed that she seemed tighter and stiffer than I remembered. She also seemed to rush a bit in her trot and canter work. What Kathryn found was amazing. Party was completely "locked" in her wither area. Because of this, she could not have true connection and flexibility. After working on her for almost two hours, Kathryn took her to the arena to watch her movement and make more assessments. Once Party's withers and shoulders were free to work, Kathryn could more clearly see and address her hind end and pelvis. She recommend, since there were several pretty big changes, I should give Party a few days to figure out how to move forward again before putting her back into work. Once I rode her again, the difference was incredible! She moved through her shoulders and neck, and had a completely different, and softer, way of going. You had to feel it to believe it.
My original reason for having Kathryn come to my farm had been for Swing. Since coming back into work Swing had progressively shortened her stride and would not reach through her shoulders. With her 2-2 1/2 foot over stride people could not visually see on Swing what I was feeling. Kathryn caught it immediately. We had a fun back-and-forth question answer session with the predominant question being, "What do you feel there?" What she was finding fit directly with what I was feeling. As Kathryn worked on Swing's knees and shoulders, Swing physically stood up almost and inch taller. It was pretty amazing to watch. This comfort level that Kathryn had with Swing is exceptional. One big problem with Swing is that she worries about new things, places, or people. Her concern over Kathryn and what she was doing lasted all of about sixty seconds. Kathryn's demeanor, soft touch, and genuine caring attitude alleviated any apprehension Swing may have originally felt. After Kathryn worked on her for about an hour, up we all went to the arena. Here Kathryn could really see Swing move out. It took a few times around on the lunge for Swing to get the feel of her new body. I wanted Kathryn to really see her move out, so I took her off of the lunge. Swing felt so great that after a few "wahoos" around the ring she trotted on out over the jump in the arena fence line. She has only done this one other time in her life, so we could tell she obviously felt great thanks to Kathryn.
During the past few weeks the horses have continued to feel fluid, soft, balanced, and even more content in their work. I have Kathryn to thank for this. I look forward to her return in a few more weeks to follow up. It will be exciting to see what we find through feel, and to have her work on my twenty-one-year-old mare as well." Liz Heiden in Lawrenceville, GA
- "I've always been impressed with how well my horse responds to chiropractic care and massage and I'm even more impressed with Kathryn. Her method is logical and appeals to my scientific mind but uses all aspects of the body and healing to combine anatomy and energy. Even after only one session, Fleck was improved. I saw even more improvements after the second session and Fleck enjoyed himself. Kathryn is great with the horses and seems to know exactly what they need. We love her!" Holly Breaux, DVM in Athens, GA
- "When I first sent my 12 yr. old 16.3h thoroughbred gelding, Levi, to Kathryn he had been in and out of work for a year due to different areas of his body bothering him and making him uncomfortable. With her help Levi is now moving his body in a way he never could before and has recently placed second in his first recognized horse trial. He is schooling first level dressage well and some second level. He has always been brave to jumps but over time his form over them had declined significantly as he tried to compensate. I am so pleased to say he is now once again jumping beautifully. He is once again a happy, confident boy, and while he has always had a heart of gold it is really starting to shine. Levi and I owe all of this to Kathryn as she has made my boy live up to his full potential and helped him shine as the athlete he is. She has gone out of her way to work with Levi and I." Danielle Boeklen in Charleston, SC
- "My horse, D, loves when Kathryn comes to work on him! His head goes down and he is very relaxed and happy while she works on him! Afterwards he is more forward with more extended gaits. Kathryn is very professional and her love of horses comes through when she is working on your horse! D highly recommends her!" Lesley Porten in Alpharetta, GA